Electrician - Hammersmith | 2614 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Hammersmith, Greater London, England
£180 per day + negotiable DOE and Van & fuel card
Contract (Full time)
Spencer Clarke Group are currently recruiting for a Electrician to work in the Hammersmith and Fulham area.
A local authority based in Hammersmith & Fulham have a fantastic opportunity for a Electrician to join their team.
Purpose of the role
- Responsible for being part of a multi-disciplined works team within the housing repairs function delivering compliant fire detection installations and effective repairs within the cost & quality parameters of the DLO ensuring health and safety compliance and best practice. To work in a professional and flexible manner that meets the demands of the customers.
- To carry out all types of Electrical work both internally and externally, including new installations, repairs, maintenance, fault finding, commissioning and remedial works in order to complete projects to the client's satisfaction as directed by your line manager or other nominated designate.
- Undertake associated duties as agreed in the flexible working agreement in order to contribute to groups 'one job one visit' objective.
- Plan and organise work in an economical and effective manor, making the best use of your available time, plant, transport and materials in accordance with specified company priority response times.
- To operate within a scheduled appointment system including liaison with customers, other team members in order to effectively undertake the works.
- Use all necessary electrical tools, plant and equipment associated with the post and electrical duties undertaken.
- Manage materials as effectively as possible with regards to minimising waste, choice of specification and logistics.
- Operatives with a minimum of 3 years relevant trade experience to undertake the supervision and training of apprentices, trainees or other employees as assigned to effective standards and specifications.
- To undertake pre-measuring work in order to assess works required and ensure its completion.
- Use a company issued PDA where provided to carry out the job role. . receiving instructions, accurately completing works orders, general communications and ordering materials. Where there is a requirement complete any necessary paperwork related to the repair.
- Take ownership for each repair updating the customer with reasons when it is not possible to complete a repair. Refer to the call centre / supervisor agree arrangements with customer to complete the repair.
- To drive company vehicles in a careful professional manner and take care of your allocated vehicle by completing weekly inspections and weekly cleaning of vehicle, in accordance with all company procedures.
- Maintain and operate an agreed range of stock and equipment within the vehicle provided.
- Notify your line manager by 'phone call' of any unexpected absence due to illness in line with company policy.
- Develop excellent relationships with tenants / leaseholders and other stakeholders whilst providing the works service
Ability to work to deadlines in a complex and fast-moving environment
Able to demonstrate exercising good judgement in the workplace
A flexible approach to working
A high degree of confidentiality, trust, and reliability always
Commitment to quality, customer service, best practice, and best value in all aspects of the DLOs operations
Demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity
NVQ3 or city in guilds Electrical installation. Approved electrician qualified to 18 th Edition BS7671
Working knowledge of any secondary or general trade skill set
If you're interested in the role and would like to apply please email your up to date CV to ######.uk or call Chris on#########
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...