Senior Autism Practitioner
Gorseness, Orkney Islands, Scotland
£28000 - £30000/annum
Unspecified (Part time)
Senior Autism Practitioner
Orkney Area Service
Part Time – 30 Hours per week
£28,000 - £30,000 plus Orkney Island allowance (£1,882 per year)
"My favourite memory from Scottish Autism is arts and crafts at Christmas time." Supported individual, Orkney
Scottish Autism is an organisation dedicated to enriching the lives of people with autism. Our mission is to enable autistic people to lead happy, healthy and fulfilling lives. We are now looking for a Senior Autism Practitioner to join our service in Orkney.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a creative and forward-thinking leader to manage a fantastic service that transforms people’s lives for the better.
As the Senior Autism Practitioner, you’ll ensure the successful delivery of our services in the Orkney Area Service. Leading a team of dedicated Autism Practitioners and Support Workers, you will inspire them to provide a high-quality support service to individuals with Autism and complex needs who present with behaviours of concern. You’ll coach and mentor them to ensure they perform to the best of their ability.
“I'm really loving it, providing different types of support which I enjoy and everyone is so lovely it's been a pleasure being accepted into individual's homes and lives.” Staff member, Orkney
Using your outstanding communication skills, you’ll collaborate with agencies, multi-disciplinary teams and families to implement support plans to help individuals to succeed in their day-to-day lives.
Actively involving yourself in the recruitment process, you’ll always be on the lookout for talented individuals who could make the team even stronger.
This is a superb opportunity to undertake exceptional training and lead a hard-working team to success.
We need people who share the following values with Scottish Autism:
- Collaboration – we work with others and value their opinions
- Compassion – we work with each other and our service users with care and kindness
- Change Makers – we never stand still; we move positively forward always focussed on quality and being the best
- Contribution – we love what we do, we never lose sight of our purpose and the difference we make in society
To be considered for this diverse role, you must have:
- Experience gained within a supervisory and/or management role
- A health and social care qualification, or the willingness to gain an SVQ Level for in health & social care and Leadership and Management for Care Services
- (LMC) qualification provided by the organisation
- A good level of IT literacy, including MS Word and Excel
As part of your role, you will be required to undertake shift work, including weekends, evenings and required for on-call, so flexibility towards working hours is key.
We will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 32 days’ holiday (which increases with your length of service)
- Long service awards
- HSF Health Cash Plan, for a monthly premium (from £) you & your family can claim back expenses for dental, optical and other health care expenses
- Employee Benefits offering discounts to High Street Shops, Cinemas and Gym Memberships
- Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme
- Workplace Pension
- Sector leading training from day one
- The opportunity to be part of one of the leading innovators in Autism Practice in the UK
The successful candidate must be willing to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check, as well as registering with SSSC.
Please note all new employees must register with the SSSC within 6 months of starting in post. After registration, there is a requirement to be qualified within 3 years.
Scottish Autism operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. Candidates who have not received written confirmation within two weeks of the closing date for the position should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Scottish Autism is a smoke free organisation. Our aim is to protect the Health and Wellbeing of our employees and the individuals we support by providing a smoke free environment.
Closing Date – 1st November 2021
Valuing diversity and promoting equal opportunities is at the heart of our vision, mission and values.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with lived experience of autism.
Registered charity number is SC(phone number removed)
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Autism Practitioner, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may refer to this role as Autism Assessment Practitioner, Specialist ASD Practitioner, Senior Autism Support Worker, or General Autism Practitioner