Community Support Worker
North Watford, Hertfordshire, England
£21,500.00 to £22,500.00 per year
Unspecified (Full time)
*Job Title: Community Support Worker*
*Salary Grade: £21,500- £22,500 per annum *
*Responsible to: Primary Care Network Team Leader*
*No. of Hours: hours per week (full time) *
*Duration: End of March 2022 (subject to extension)*
*Main Base: Watford*
This mental health charity has a vacancy for a Community Support Worker within the Primary Care Network Service.
Do you want to support people with mental health issues? Are you calm, non-judgemental and able to work effectively with people experiencing distress? Can you demonstrate values of Hope, Empathy, Respect, Integrity and Excellence and want to be part of a mission to create opportunities for individuals to make choices, find their own solutions, build resilience and manage their whole life and wellbeing? If the answer to all of these is yes, the charity want to hear from you.
The Primary Care Network Service is here to provide advice, information, onward referral and holistic support to people who are experiencing mental ill-health or need help with their mental wellbeing. The service can be accessed by direct referral through a network of GP surgeries in Watford, Three Rivers, Hertsmere and Dacorum.
*Purpose of Post*
The Community Support Worker will:
* Provide advice, information, onward referral and holistic support to clients who are experiencing mental ill health or need support with their mental wellbeing.
* Ensure that the safety and wellbeing of the client is monitored and reviewed regularly.
* Be an independent source of support for all clients.
* Embed a person centred and recovery orientated approach in all aspects of the roles. The Recovery approach includes empathy, warmth, acceptance, authenticity, compassion and humanity.
The objectives of the service are:
* To improve the mental wellbeing of people experiencing mental ill health.
* To increase early access to help for people experiencing mental ill health, by providing a clear and effective pathway to services provided by the organisation and other third sector and statutory providers.
* To contribute to an improvement in individual mental wellbeing.
* To remain a source of independent support for all clients.
* To reduce the use of crisis services by people experiencing mental ill health without positive outcomes for the individual.
* To contribute to an improvement in the proportion of people with mental ill health who are accessing support.
* To provide an assertive outreach approach for clients who are in crisis and/ or those that may have complex or multiple needs.
*Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday October 19th at 5pm. *
Interviews shall take place on Friday October 22nd in Watford.
The right is reserved to close applications early if they have enough applicants.
*To Apply and for more information*
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).
No agencies please.
Reference ID: 158766
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £21,-£22, per year