1st Line IT Helpdesk Engineer - South Cowton | 29184 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
1st Line IT Helpdesk Engineer
South Cowton, North Yorkshire, England
£18k - 21k per year + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
1st Line IT Helpdesk Engineer
Are you an enthusiastic and skilled IT support technician?
We are looking for someone with experience in an IT Helpdesk or Service Desk role with the desire to provide an unrivalled level of customer service.
Our client is a well-established IT service and solutions provider in the South Yorkshire area and the successful candidate will have the crucial role of being the first point of contact for their customers.
This role will require you to provide a broad range of 1 st Line support across a wide range of technologies and environments, and so being a good and confident communicator is also key to this role as it will involve wide ranging engagement with individuals at all levels.
- be willing to shadow staff, learn new technologies and undertake training as appropriate.
- provide remote and on-site support.
- provide ongoing support of IT infrastructure and perform regular monitoring of servers and network equipment.
- monitor and maintain backup solutions.
- fix any issues associated with client devices, printers and other technologies.
- assist with equipment installation and specific hardware replacement projects
- on occasion, and as the role progresses, supporting customers on-site.
- be the first point of contact and triage for IT incidents from their growing customer base.
- provide 1 st line remote IT support via telephone or email.
- be professional at all times, whilst making customers feeling comfortable and supported.
- work towards targets and timescales.
- Above all, possess excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Must have a minimum 6months experience in an IT service desk or helpdesk role.
- Be a team player.
- Ideally a full driving licence and own vehicle (mainly due to location of business).
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience administering Office 365.
- Experience supporting Windows Servers and Operating Systems.
- Basic networking (DNS, DHCP).
- Experience supporting Active Directory.
- Have experience with ticketing systems/ remote support software.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- Pension scheme.
- Training and Development with exposure to 2nd line duties
- Regularly salary reviews.
- Quarterly social events.
- A supporting and friendly team.
- Excellent location just off the M1.
- Opportunity to earn more by participating in the on-call out of hours rota.
Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Keywords - IT Helpdesk Engineer, IT Service Desk, IT Service Desk Technician, Service Desk Engineer, IT Engineer, Helpdesk Technician, IT Engineer, ICT Technician, IT Technician, IT Support, IT Analyst, 1st Line Engineer, IT Systems Engineer, IT Support Analyst.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...