Part Time Housekeeper
Elland, Calderdale, England
Permanent (Full time)
Housekeepers | Facilities | Spire Elland | Part Time and Permanent | Minimum wage
Spire Elland Hospital has an opportunity for a Housekeeper to join our team. You will be part of a team that prides itself on providing exemplary service to our Patients, Visitors and Colleagues at all times.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
The role is on a permanent basis but Part Time for 26 hours per week. We require full availability to work on a rota for 5 days out of 7 with shifts in between 6 am to 8 pm. Enhanced rate available for weekend shifts. (between Monday to Thursday - shifts can be up to 10 pm).
Please apply only if you can commit to the above.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With a strong focus on Customer Service and providing a friendly ear to patients during what can sometimes be a particularly unsettling time, our team of Housekeepers provide a vital service in our Hospital.
- In this role you will be responsible for maintaining our high standards of cleanliness within our fantastic hospital.
- This will include our Wards, Offices and Reception and you will ensure our beds are turned around in preparation for new patients in a timely manner.
Who we're looking for:
- You will ideally have experience in a cleaning capacity within a commercial environment
- Knowledge of infection control within a hospital would be beneficial, however, is not essential
- Flexibility to the required shifts
- Someone with a great work ethic who excels in customer service
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications